Before using Zoom Presenter, the installed firewall software must add an exception to allow Zoom Presenter to use incoming and outbound TCP/IP (Internet/Intranet) connections.
Zoom Presenter automatically adds an exception to grant it access through the Windows firewall during the installation process. The information below can be used to manually grant firewall access.
- Click the Windows Start button, open the Windows Control Panel and search for the Firewall and click 'Allow a program through Windows Firewall'
With Windows 7 onwards, simply type 'firewall' into the Windows Start Menu's search box.
- Depending on how the firewall setup page was opened, you may need to click the "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" link highlighted in the screenshot below:
- If UAC is enabled, click the 'change settings' button highlighted in the screenshot below:
- Click the "Allow another program" button highlighted in the screenshot below:
- Click the "Browse" button as highlighted in the screenshot below:
- Using the file browsing dialog, locate Zoom Presenter's "zplayer.exe" executable file (installed by default under the 'Program Files' folder) and click "Open".
- Select the new Zoom Presenter or Zoom Player entry and click the "add" button to add Zoom Presenter to the exclusion list:
- Double check that both "Home/Work (Private)" and "Public" check boxes are ticked as highlighted in the screenshot below: