"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v9.2.0:
* XBOX controller sticks can now be used to Pan & Scan directshow
* New "Speed" parameter assignable to XBOX controller stick and trigger
functions specifies the number of operations per second to perform,
customizing motion accuracy for each function.
* The mouse left-click button can now be assigned to Pan & Scan directshow
* When the mouse left-click button is set to "Mouse Gestures", a new
function can be assigned to a static click, by default the function
* The DirectShow Zooming & Panning features now apply to the internal image
viewer (JPEG/PNG/BMP) as well.
* The internal image viewer (JPEG/PNG/BMP) now supports image rotation by 90
degree increments using the Shift+"R" keyboard macro.
* Video streaming over http is now supported when using the
"Open->Streaming link" feature from the right-click context menu.
* New virtual meta-data editing accessible through the playlist editor's
right-click context menu or for the currently playing media using the
Ctrl+Shift+"T" keyboard macro.
The virtual editor saves the meta-data in Zoom Player's ZPL playlist
format without modifying the meta-data within media files themselves.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Smart Play / Settings) that
specifies whether http media streaming builds a video or audio graph
when the specified URL does not contain a file extension (for example
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to auto-sort playlists
on load (excluding the default playlist used when restarting the player).
* The right-arrow appearing on multiple fullscreen navigation interfaces
is now clickable and equivalent of using the right arrow key keyboard
* New button and right-click context menu entry on the playlist editor to
add streaming URLs (e.g. "http://www.somesite.org/folder/channel1.ts").
+ The chapter-points graphical elements in the bundled Onyx and Alba skins
is now better color-coded to make it easier to see behind text.
+ The auto-part loader now ignores space characters when trying to decide
if the next file in the directory should be automatically inserted
into the playlist.
+ Added a warning to reload the playing media when enabling "Show time
seek position over Timeline" setting with "Show position preview
thumbnail" previously enabled.
+ Added a warning to reload the playing media when enabling the "Display
OSD through MadVR's OSD API (preserves fullscreen exclusive mode)"
+ The options dialog is now slightly wider to better account for the width
required to display the entire settings tree.
+ When playing a live stream, pausing now stops the graph instead of being
+ The multi-part file loader will no longer try to find multiple parts when
the file loaded is a playlist.
+ The play history fullscreen navigation interface now has a small arrow
on the active line signifying access to additional functionality.
- The ZPL playlist parsing code ignored meta-data such as the title if the
playlist entry was a URL (link).
- Fixed multiple issues with M3U playlist parsing, including parsing of
UTF8 encoding and meta-data parsing of titles for streaming links.
- Mouse gestures could conflict with the mouse left-click combined with
holding the Alt or Ctrl key functions.
- With the "Auto-Save Media Chapter files (".ZPCHP" files)" setting enabled,
chapter files were not being saved automatically under some circumstances.
- A few JPEG orientation modes were not displaying in the correct
- Setting the "Screen-Align the Control Bar to" setting to "Top" or "Bottom"
caused MadVR to drop out of fullscreen exclusive mode every time the
control bar was shown.
- With the "Screen-Align the Control Bar to" setting set to "Top" or
"Bottom", the control bar would align within the video in fullscreen
mode instead of the top/bottom positions.
- With EVR set as the video renderer, the first time a media was loaded
caused a momentary glitch in the skin (black box appearing behind the
- The PreAmp equalizer slider would get reset when the audio was muted
if the "Link volume up/down functions to PreAmp volume..." setting
- Adding a web page to the playlist and then saving and loading the playlist
or just restarting the player would cause the playlist entry to be
played as a media file (and failing) instead of opening as a web page.
- The extended fullscreen navigation interface would show "???" instead of
displaying unicode language-specific texts.
- Fixed a typo in one of the function descriptions.
Click here to view what was new in previous versions.